Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Random Tuesday Afternoon :-)

I think one of my favorite things right now is being able to relate on a personal level to what all of my brides are going through with the whole wedding planning process because my own wedding is exactly 144 days away!!! Yaaaay! I love talking to them about table settings, centerpieces and of course, the gown. :-)

But as excited as I am, there is one thing that has been plaguing me since the day Mikey and I got engaged. I vowed to myself many, many months ago that I was going to start getting in shape for my wedding, then it was my New Year's resolution, and now, well, it's March 25th and I still can't fit into my favorite jeans. Not a good sign for the vision I have of myself as a bridal goddess! haha. So here we are, on a random Tuesday afternoon in March, and I am making the vow in writing to start to exercise everyday, to eat healthier and to fit into my favorite jeans by my wedding day. I don't want to get into the whole numbers game with the scale, so I'm just going to go by how my clothes fit (and I'm a good size or two away from my favorite jeans - so that should be a good indicator).

Wow, it's kinda scary to put it in writing. Now I have to do it. Go me!!! Any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated! And I'll be sure to update on my progress. :-)

And because posts are no fun without some photos, here are a few more I took at the shoot-shop in Las Vegas. I have a few more to post at a later date, but here are a couple of fun ones.

_MG_8909l

_MG_8995l

_MG_9322l

BLOG2

_MG_9383l

_MG_8888l

_MG_9542L

_MG_9209l

_MG_9004l

Have a fantastic Tuesday everyone! I'm heading out for a walk. :-)

11 comments:

Jasmine said...

I think you're PERFECT the way you are, but I'm cheering for you nevertheless! Hope you enjoyed your walk! :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

lauri!!!! WOW!!! these are I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E!!!! love the richness of the images and that b&w veil is Awesome!!!

Unknown said...

LIT! You are a beautiful goddess in my book Lit. As for the pics, the landscape shot with the trees reflecting in the water is awesome, but my favorite pic in this group is the black and white one with the dangling veil, what a perfect picture, the contrast of values couldn't be better. Your perspectives and bright colorful pics are pouring with personality, just like my Lit.

Anonymous said...

Of course you don't need to lose weight but you can do it if you put your mind to it. :-) And I find putting it in writing never hurts either. haha.

Love the two of the bride framed by the foreground, with the equipment and the fence. V. cool.

Kira said...

accountability! Scary!

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

The second photo in this post looks like it was taken in Central Australia - I had to do a double take.

On another note, your session with Jasmine * was just gorgeous! Your wedding photos are going to be stunning, you are one lucky girl!

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

You are welcome! I tried to comment yesterday but for some reason blogger wouldn't let me.

And yes, you are the envy of a lot of blog stalkers! LOL. xx

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

I'm with Mikey. The veil shot, third from the bottom, is another "BAM! Right into the portfolio!" image. Nicely, nicely done.

Jean said...

Amazing photos!! And rock on with the jeans effort - I am SO there with you. (Argh post-baby belly!) No matter what, though, girl, you are already beautiful, and you are going to be a STUNNING bride. :-)

Ashley said...

I love these shots! The color and clarity is so amazing! You're awesome!

Lindz8558 said...

i totally agree with mikey with the tree picture. it reminded me of this painting by a famous artist whe i saw it .. not exactly but sort of.. http://www.planetperplex.com/en/item91