Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jillian - Portrait Session

_MG_3032Jb

I used to babysit for Jill when she was just a wee babe. She was naughty and would sneak out of her crib and crawl all around while I thought she was fast asleep. And then I would panic and find her like on the basement steps or something. Fun! haha. But before everyone goes and freaks out about my childcare skills, I would like to point out that I was like 13 at the time. I've much improved, I swear!

Anywho. This is Jill. Jill is absolutely, drop dead gorgeous. And what is so awesome about her is that she has no clue how gorgeous she is! She is interested in pursuing acting and I don't think being this pretty is going to hurt when it comes to her dream. She actually has the role of Eponine in her high school's musical this spring, Les Miserables. She's totally going to rock it out!

I was so excited to do this photo session with Jill because I really want to get into doing more high school senior portrait sessions like this. While Jill isn't a senior yet, I thought she was a perfect subject to get the ball rolling! So if you are a high school senior, will eventually be a high school senior, or know a senior who would LOVE their own personal photoshoot, drop me an email and we can set it up! It's the perfect gift for graduation, and I promise it's tons of fun! :-)

So here are a few photos of Jill from our recent photoshoot! :-)

_MG_3110Jb

_MG_3206Jb

_MG_3065Jb

_MG_3368Jb

_MG_3047J2

_MG_3072Jb

_MG_3253Jb

I couldn't decide if I like the photo below better in color or B&W. I'm leaning toward the b&w because I feel like it has a film noir vibe, but I decided to post both for the heck of it. :-)

_MG_3126Jb

_MG_3126Jbwb

We stopped by this construction site because I had been eyeing these colored tubes for weeks, and thought they were super cool!

_MG_3467Jb

_MG_3176Jb

_MG_3447Jb

_MG_3193Jb

_MG_3471Jb

_MG_3167Jb

This last one might be my favorite :-)

_MG_3397Jb

Jill, I had such a blast! Thank you so much for being such an awesome model! I hope you enjoy the photos :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this session! The photos are great and so is the model!!!

Andrea Petrille said...

Awesome! I absolutely love the "golden hour light" photo toward the end and the b&w one where she's leaning against the tubes and you can see the landscape in the far distance...fantastic! Also, regarding the b&w vs. color picture you mentioned, I like the b&w one, too. Very femme fatale!

melody said...

Ok - so I always thought my kid was pretty, but then I am the mom and not very objective. Jeez Laur - you made her gorgeous!!! I'm so impressed with the way you framed each shot to bring out her best features. Best of all though is how you absolutely nailed her personality!! My personal favorite is the half face and the blue tubes. You have amazing talent. I predict you will do very well in this new venture. Love you!

Jean said...

She IS gorgeous! Awesome job. I love how her red hat looks in the photos, too!

Anonymous said...

Laur, you have no idea how much fun I had modeling for you, I felt so pretty that day! You have so much talent. I had no idea I could be captured in such a way. I cant wait to see more from you!!!!

-Jilly

Alissa said...

These are gorgeous! What senior wouldnt want a photoshoot with you after seeing them!

Lalee Photography said...

Wow!! Thank you all soooo much! But all the credit really goes to Jill for rockin' it out! :-) I didn't mention how COLD it was that day, and Jill, you were such a trooper! :-) You are amazing! Thank you!!!

Kira said...

Shes gorgeous.

Daniel said...

Wow, she looks amazing! I can't believe this is little Jillian! She looks so chic and sophisticated. Great photos, I love the film noir mood in the one.