Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Katie & Jason: Portrait

_MG_3307k

Katie has been doing like theee most amazing job ever on the engagement sessions of Mikey and I for our "year of engagement" guest sign in book for our wedding, so I thought the least I could do is repay her with a photoshoot of her and Jason! :-) It's so much fun having one of my closest friends be such an amazing photographer because we get to talk photography all the time, which Jason and Mikey just LOVE (and by love, I mean not love). hehe. But they hang in there and that's why they're the best. :-)

So the other weekend Katie and Jason met me at the Wawa at the corner of 202 and 73, and we proceeded to drive around to some super cool spots for their super fun photoshoot. YAY! Here are a few from their shoot (with a slideshow of some more at end!)

_MG_2561k

_MG_2755k

I spied this super cool broken down van in a school parking lot. All the windows were shattered and there was a bit of a mold issue, but Katie and Jason were major troopers. :-)

_MG_2751k

_MG_3126k

_MG_3246k

OK, so the photo below has a fun little story. I had this vision in my mind of wanting to get a photo of Katie and Jason cuddling in a field with a plane flying above. So I found this park by Wings Field, a small local airport. So right when I was completely unprepared with the wrong lens on my camera and like way far away from Katie and Jason, the PERFECT low flying plane swooped over and I was soooo bummed! Well since it was kind of overcast, planes weren't really flying overhead too often, so I told Katie and Jason to be prepared to jump up and cuddle as soon as we heard a motor. Well the below photo is the result of me screaming "GET UP! GET UP, HURRY!!!!" at them (they were currently preparing to pose for the above photo - I completely scared them half to death!) and trying to capture my vision. Well....it didn't quite turn out as my vision and it was the only other plane to fly over us for the rest of the day. :-( I think it looks more like a large bird of prey circling above. haha :-)

_MG_3185kbw

Well I was bound and determined to get a shot with a plane in it so we went to Wings Field and befriended some helicopter pilots who let us take some shots really quickly. :-)

_MG_3433k

And I thought the perfect end to the shoot would be by a horse farm down the road since Katie loves horses. The horses were so beautiful and they came right up to the fence!

_MG_3679k

_MG_3550k

And here is a Slideshow of some more from our super fun day!!

Yay Katie and Jason! :-)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOK HOT!!!

Seriously though, you did such an amazing job! I love, love, love so many of them! Psh...more than I will even bother to list. I was smiling all the way through the slideshow.

Favorite....the photo of us laughing when I'm laying on the wall.

Thank you so, so much! I'm gonna have to step up my engagement sessions for you and Mikey. ;-)

Unknown said...

Hey Lit! All of these pics are in a league of their own, talking about reaching new horizons, you have nailed it my Lit. The best of the best pics that I enjoyed looking at are the ones with the airplane in the background and the horsey face peeking in. Those are two of my favorites so far. Keep up the amazing photos Lit, your Bean is very very proud of you.

Alissa said...

I havent even stopped to look at the slideshow yet because I just HAVE to comment now. These are FANTASTIC! I love the last one the most! And the story behind the plane one cracks me up--plus it's just a great photo.

Katie and Jason look hot, it's true.

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

I really love the black and white shot in the grass, number 4 I think it was. Just gorgeous!

Daniel said...

I really like the last picture best :)

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

Thanks for stopping by the new blog, and thanks for the feedback!

Anonymous said...

Totally fun shoot! And...right in my neck of the woods!

I *heart* them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lauri! These are fantastic! I love love love them. You have definitely found your calling ! :)

Onsite MN said...

We've finally been getting around to post-WPPI stuff and came across your card. How did the Leaving Las Vegas pictures turn out?? You guys are doing great love the site!

Jean said...

Lauri, these photos are excellent!! I love the kissy picture in the field, and the airplane in the sky. Way to get them to jump up fast! Great job! And what a cutie patootie couple they are!!

Kira said...

Lauri- Good visions. The plane one is fantastic!

John Barclay said...

A terrific group of images. I suspect they loved them. Oh never mind I see Katie's comment now... :) Very creative and thoughtful stuff. Nice Lalee.

John B. (from the bank.. )

Jasmine said...

Oooh la la...these are HOT! :)